Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Opening Hands

Hey there!

Bolt Snap Bolt is my new little corner to write about anything Magic: the Gathering related, with a focus on strategy, card reviews, deck reviews, competitive learning, and player improvement. I hope you like it here.

I've been playing Magic for just over a year, and, as such, I'm still quite new to the game - I began playing as Khans was about to drop, sat in on my first FNM at the end of Theros/RTR standard, and played a horrible, clunky, hilariously bad UB Mill deck. As a friend of mine so aptly put it, my first experience of playing Magic beyond the kitchen table was, "brutally educational".

Soon after, I was hooked on becoming better. I wanted to push myself into the competitive realm, learn from the best, play against the best, beat the best. But I had - and still have - a long, long way to go. That's why I made this blog. I wanted to have a place to vent my thoughts, leave comments on new cards, discuss possibilities and interactions, judge rulings, interesting mechanics, and other such bites of information. Bolt Snap Bolt is a place for fellow Magic: the Gathering enthusiasts to discuss the game on the competitive level, and have fun doing so.

As such, I'm going to have a bunch of guest writers submit articles for this site, and I'd love to hear from you if you would like to contribute. MtG is a community driven game, and we can all learn from one another. Shoot me an email if you want in, and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

My hope is that this blog promotes healthy discussion and debate, offers insight, and provides a new look at some of Magic's most compelling aspects.

Shuffle up. Let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment